Fall 2020 two-term upper-year application

UWaterloo student ID number:    

The University of Waterloo respects, appreciates and encourages diversity. We are committed to fostering equitable learning and living environments for all students including women, Indigenous peoples, racialized people, persons with disabilities, gay, lesbian and transgendered individuals.

As some residence accommodations have shared private or semi-private spaces, we use the gender that you have identified on University of Waterloo records to assist with your room assignment.

You are welcome to contact Waterloo Residences if you have specific needs. We are committed to finding the right fit for you in a Waterloo Residences community.

To change your chosen/preferred first name, go to WatIAM and make the change.

Last name:  
First name:  
Preferred first name:
Date of birth:

Please rank your community preferences

Learn about the different styles of residence communities.

Depending on availability, you may receive an offer from any of these residences.

First choice: 
Second choice: 
Third choice: 
Fourth choice: 
Fifth choice: 
Sixth choice: 
Seventh choice: 
Will you be on a co-op work term for fall 20ix?
Contract Period

Other information

How did you find out about applying to residence?

Why are you choosing to live in residence?

I am interested in participating in Get Ready for: Life After Graduation (events and resources exclusively for upper-year students living in Waterloo Residences).

Housing Accommodations

Note: Depending on when you apply, we may not have spaces available to meet your needs.

If you require special housing accommodations as a result of a documented disability you will be required to complete a Housing Disability Verification form with your medical professional. Accessible Housing is available through Waterloo Residences and we encourage students to complete the registration process to help us understand your needs.

I will register with Accessible Housing

Our residence beds can accommodate students up to and including 6’4” or 193 cm. Only if you're taller than this, please check the box below.

I am over 6’4” or 193 cm tall

Meal plan

Read more about our meal plan pricing and options below by visiting the UW Food Services website.

Mandatory Meal Plans (Claudette Millar Hall, Ron Eydt Village and Village 1)

Lite Typically for students who go home for weekends and are light eaters (average 15 meals a week)
Average (with $200 Flex) Our most popular plan! For those who will eat most meals on campus, with one or two a week elsewhere (Average 20 meals a week)
Hearty (with $400 Flex) Choose this option if you are planning to eat on campus seven days a week or have a big appetite. (Average 25 meals a week)

Optional Meal Plans (Value Plus) (Columbia Lake Village - South, Mackenzie King Village and UW Place)

Casual (with $200 Flex) Recommended for those who would like a lunch or two on campus and light snacks and beverages. This plan equals about 5 breakfasts or lunches a week and a few light snacks and beverages. This meal plan is not tax-exempt.
Saver (with $150 Flex) Recommended for those who live in CLV, UWP or MKV who are looking for a few meals a week on campus and at residence dining halls. This meal plan is tax exempt, saving you 13% in taxes, plus an extra 2% from Food Services. This plan equals about 10 meals a week and a few light snacks.
Super Saver (with $150 Flex) Recommended for those in UWP and MKV who would like to eat at residence dining halls and on-campus regularly. This meal plan is tax exempt, saving you 13% in taxes, plus an extra 5% from Food Services. This plan equals about 15 meals a week and a few light snacks.
Flex dollars are used for non-UW Food Services purchases on campus (laundry, photocopying, the Book Store etc.) and off-campus restaurant partners. We offer both flex and meal plan dollars in most meal plans to offer flexibility and freedom. For more information about Flex Dollars and meal plans, please visit the UW Food Services website.
If you are placed in a traditional-style residence, you are required to purchase a Residence Meal Plan Allowance (RMPA).

If you are placed in a suite-style or hybrid residence, you can purchase an optional Value Plus Meal Plan Allowance (VPMP).